The fourth of July is a special day when it comes to celebrating our freedom here in the United States and gathering with loved ones for a good time. While we may not be able to celebrate how we used to, there is still an opportunity to gather with a small group of loved ones and enjoy the day. Many families will be firing up the grill, eating their favorite foods, and lighting up some fireworks. With the increase in vehicles on the road and the high amount of people out having a good time, it is important to remember a couple of ways in which we can stay safe during this holiday.
Here are some tips on how to remain safe during the fourth of July this year:
- If you are gathering with others or publicly, don't forget to wear your mask and practice social distancing. Also, wash your hands regularly or after touching any public surfaces, sanitize often, and avoid touching your face.
- Have a ride planned if you are consuming alcohol - don't drink and drive. You'll risk your life and the lives of those driving around you.
- July 4th is the most dangerous day to drive out of the whole year. If you are driving, be safe and drive extra carefully. There are many drivers on the road and alcohol consumption can make driving uncertain and dangerous.
- Be sure that your vehicle is in good condition if you're planning on traveling far. Here at 26th Street Auto Center, we can provide a vehicle inspection before your long trip to verify that your vehicle can handle the drive. If not, we help you take care of your vehicle's needs before you hit the road.
- If you're planning on firing up the grill, practice grilling safety and never leave the grill unattended for extended periods of time. Also, don't let small children around the grill!
- Only certain fireworks are legal in certain places to light yourself. If you have legal fireworks to light, be safe. Don't light them around other people, other homes, or flammable items. Only light them is safe places and use caution around fire.
- July 4th typically falls on a hot day, so be sure to remember summer safety. Stay hydrated at all times and bring extra water with you wherever you go.
- Protect yourself from the sun! If you'll be outside all day, be sure to use sun protection on your skin and wear appropriate clothing, hats, and sunglasses.
We hope that these safety tips will allow you to have an amazing July 4th holiday. We wish you the best, and happy Independence Day!